Melbourne time

Hello, こんにちは Kon'nichiwa

Well hello, Kon'nichiwa, or should I say こんにちは.....

This blog is about my trip to Japan later on this year. The countdown has begun, today is Easter Sunday, 27 March, I fly to Japan in 70 days, 5 hours and 10 minutes! I know three words in Japanese - hello, thank you and goodbye. I don't drink beer and I don't like raw fish. But I love meeting people, seeing new places, culture and history. I will only pass this way but once and I feel the need to try and see as much as I can in as little time as I have. .
Cheers. 乾杯

Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Sunday 6 December 2015

5. A Favourite Song - 梓みちよ こんにちは赤ちゃん

I heard this song when I was a child and always loved it - Konichiwa Akachan sung by Michiyo Azusa. As this blog is about my trip to Japan, it seems appropriate to post it here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I had another version in my Youtube playlist which I liked better, an old B&W version sung live, but alas, it has been deleted. English translation is below.





I have found two translations in English, and as I'm not sure which is correct, I print them both here. If any reader can advise which is correct, please let me know.


Hello, my baby's face
Hello, my baby's cry
Your tiny hand, your round eyes
It's nice to meet you, I'm your mama!
Hello, my baby, to your life
Hello, my baby, to your future
Papa wished for this happiness
It's nice to meet you, I'm your mama!
As a symbol of our love,
I pray To bring you up healthy and beautiful
Hello, my baby! I have a request
Hello, my baby! Sometimes, Daddy and I You see,
we want you to make a quiet night
Just for us so good night
Please, my baby
Good night, my baby! I'm Mummy!


Hello, my baby! Your smile
Hello, my baby! Your cries
Your tiny hands and round eyes
How do you do? I'm Mummy!

Hello, my baby! Your life
Hello, my baby! Your future
This happiness is what Daddy desires
How do you do? I'm Mummy!

This is the mark of love for the two of us alone
I'll pray to raise you healthy and beautiful

Hello, my baby! I have a request
Hello, my baby! Sometimes, Daddy and I
You see, we want you to make a quiet night
Just for us--so good night
Please, my baby
Good night, my baby! I'm Mummy!"

No comments: