Melbourne time

Hello, こんにちは Kon'nichiwa

Well hello, Kon'nichiwa, or should I say こんにちは.....

This blog is about my trip to Japan later on this year. The countdown has begun, today is Easter Sunday, 27 March, I fly to Japan in 70 days, 5 hours and 10 minutes! I know three words in Japanese - hello, thank you and goodbye. I don't drink beer and I don't like raw fish. But I love meeting people, seeing new places, culture and history. I will only pass this way but once and I feel the need to try and see as much as I can in as little time as I have. .
Cheers. 乾杯

Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Saturday 14 May 2016

17. GEAR Ticket Booked

GEAR - A Show with a Difference


My ticket for GEAR is booked, I need to be there an hour before the show starts to collect and pay for it. GEAR is a non-verbal performance at the Art Complex 1928 building. I don't know what the story line is but it involves mime (of course if it's non-verbal! - naturally!), juggling, break dancing and magic acts, using the latest technology stuff. Sounds very interesting. Some friends who visited Japan last year saw the show and raved about it.

This is the Art Complex 1928 building where the show is. Knowing what it looks like, I'll know what to look for when I'm there.


It dates from 1928 (well obviously!) and was originally the Kyoto office of the Mainichi Newspaper. Today the building houses restaurants, a café and a theatre.

No comments: