Melbourne time

Hello, こんにちは Kon'nichiwa

Well hello, Kon'nichiwa, or should I say こんにちは.....

This blog is about my trip to Japan later on this year. The countdown has begun, today is Easter Sunday, 27 March, I fly to Japan in 70 days, 5 hours and 10 minutes! I know three words in Japanese - hello, thank you and goodbye. I don't drink beer and I don't like raw fish. But I love meeting people, seeing new places, culture and history. I will only pass this way but once and I feel the need to try and see as much as I can in as little time as I have. .
Cheers. 乾杯

Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Saturday 21 May 2016

17. Bathing Rule When Drunk

I found this fab place in Tokyo - it's called the Ooedo-Onsen Monogatari. It says, "Te Ooedo Onsen Monogatari is a lavish hot spring theme park on Odaiba. It is a great place for the uninitiated to first experience a Japanese hot spring bath, and is also a fun, special treat for people of all ages."

Their website gives a list of 14 rules and etiquette regarding bathing (communal). But Rule No. 2 has me stumped -


Hmm... does that mean it's okay to enter the bath if you're only a little bit drunk? Or tipsy or half-pi**ed? What if you're three sheets to the wind but not under the table?

So ..... if you're muddled, plastered, sloshed or inebriated but not completely off your face then it's alright to enter the bath. Just remember which one is the correct one. (If your a fella, don't go in the ladies' bath)


No comments: